Do you have any ideas to make a great tasting cup of coffee? Absolutely abysmal coffee is not hard as you think, but just need consider some factors as below to improve your skill make a tasting cup of coffee. Freshness is the key reason to make a nice tasting coffee. Here is the step by step breakdown of how to create a great tasting cup of coffee.
1. Choose good beans. Do not buy a lot of coffee beans and store in home, buy only enough for you last a week to keep freshness of your coffee beans. Fresh bean is a key to good taste. When you purchase the coffee beans, choose the relative same colour and same size. An Arabica coffee bean is one of the best choices.
2. Prefer filtered water. If your coffee maker is using charcoal filter, this is the best start point. We use filtered water to avoid the coffee taste contaminated with impurities like chlorine or minerals.
3. Coffee maker which can brew up 95 to 98 degrees Celsius important in coffee brewing. This range of temperature is optimal temperature to get a great flavour out of the beans.
4. The grind. The finer you grind, more flavour come out from beans, but grind as much coffee as you need only. The grind size has be even to get even taste. When you start grind coffee, read your coffee make instructions and grind according to equipment’s recommendation. Over grind of your coffee beans will cause over-extraction.
5. Use two level tablespoons for a cup of coffee. If you plan to make more than 10 cups of coffee then you should use the strength meter on its highest position to give more chance more water to penetrate the grounds evenly.
6. Ensure your cleanliness of your coffee filter if you use permanent filter, coffee sludge must be clean from filter. You can use unbleached coffee filters as one of options.
7. Stir the pot to infuse the taste once coffee is brewed.
At basic minimum, these steps should always consider when you making a great tasting cup of coffee. Bear in mind of every coffee lover, missing one of those steps will alter the taste of your coffee even is a slightly changes. Other things that cannot be ignoring when make a great tasting of coffee as below:
1. Equipment cleanliness always top priority because coffee sludge alter the taste of coffee.
2. Always use a new coffee grind.
3. Do not grind beans immediately after take out from freezer.
4. Ensure your coffee store in air-tight container and put away from direct sunlight.
5. Avoid your coffee put on heater more than half an hour.
6. Always warm your cup and do not always reheat your coffee.